Moldy Summer Home
This Little Compton, RI family discovered extensive mold growth in their summer home due to a pipe that burst over the winter and went undetected for months. The basement of this old historic home had severe mold growth. SERVPRO of Providence worked diligently to remediate the mold, place containment precautions and run air scrubbers to avoid mold spores from becoming airborne. The home owners were very happy that we were able to get this done within days so they could enjoy the summer in their “home away from home”.
If You See Visible Mold
If you see visible mold, do not disturb it. You can inadvertently spread the mold infestation throughout your home. When mold is disturbed, the mold can release microscopic mold spores which become airborne and can circulate inside your home.
What to Do:
- Stay away from the affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Providence for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us– 401-941-5500
Highly Trained Restoration Specialists
Our SERVPRO Professionals are highly trained in property restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO's Corporate Training Facility to regular IICRC industry certifications, our Professionals are equipped with the knowledge to restore your property. The SERVPRO training program includes the follow:
- IICRC Training
- Employee Certification Training
- Initial Franchise Training
- Continuing Education Classes