Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
There are many pests that can invade our homes, most of these pests are the crawling type. But there's another pest, not a crawling-type, but rather a creeping-type — think mold.
Over the course of two days mold can take root and claim space in your home. Mold is natural, it's natures way of turning dead things back into dirt. In that sense mold is important, but in your home, it's not important it's a pest.
At SERVPRO of Providence our teams are trained, experienced, tooled and equipped to tackle the mold in your home. We don't eliminate mold — this isn't possible, mold is microscopic and a natural part of a healthy home — but we do eliminate visible mold and properly mitigate your mold problem areas.
Read our tips section below to learn more about how you can address and identify your mold problem.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (401) 941-5500
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Providence for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Providence has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
SERVPRO of Providence proudly serves Providence, Elmwood, and surrounding areas.